10 best activity books for children
Activity books can keep kids happy for hours. But they aren’t always wonderful. Many parents will have experienced buying one based on their children’s favourite TV character, only to get home and find a few measly pages or stickers. So we have got our mini testers on the case to find the longest-lasting, most engaging, creative activity books that offer the best value for money.
Whether it’s for a plane journey, a rainy day at home or a big lunch out, our picks will keep them occupied and happy.
Click on the gallery to see the IndyBest buys
Usborne is top of its game when it comes to activity books and their offerings just get better and better. We love their Vikings Sticker Book for this season, a fabulous companion to the British Museum’s Viking exhibition, which opened earlier this year. We were also seriously impressed with Elfie London’s The Artist’s Colouring Book of ABCs, which sees contemporary artists ranging from Marc Quinn to Grayson Perry handing over the tools of their craft to the younger generation.
1. Usborne Vikings Sticker Book, £5.99
2. Miffy’s Day: Sticker Activity Book, £4.99
3. Where’s Wally? The Search For The Lost Things, £8
4. The Artist’s Colouring Book of ABCs, £15.99
5. My English Sticker Atlas, £6.99
6. Usborne Big Doodling Pad, £9.99
7. Galt Play and Learn Number Fun, £2.99
8. Priddy Wipe Clean Dot to Dot for Tiny Tots, £7.99, (available from 29 April)
9. Crayola Colour Wonder Packs, £6.99
10. The Icky Sticky Science Activity Book, £3.75
Read more: 10 best arts and crafts for kids